Taste of Auckland & Kumeu Tour with Lunch
Spend the morning exploring the city of Auckland on a small group tour.
Then, from midday, head to Kumeu to taste some of New Zealand’s best wine, eat local food and drink in the dramatic scenery of Auckland’s west coast.
This full day Auckland tour including both a city tour and a wine tour is a great introduction to the region!
Rates - including tax
Tour / Activity Details
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Minimum age is 2. Minimum age to taste wine is 18. Tour requires a minimum of 2 persons to operate; if this minimum is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives. Tour includes Auckland inner city pick up. Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
COVID-19 Protocols Updates
- The New Zealand government has outlined a five-step Covid reopening plan. The border is now open to New Zealand citizens coming from anywhere in the world. By May 1, 2022, fully vaccinated people from Australia or visa waiver countries - including the United Kingdom, the United States and many European nations -- will be able to enter New Zealand and self-test on arrival. By October 2022, all visa categories will reopen, including visitor visas.
- Vehicles are not filled beyond 75% capacity (unless it is for one private "travel bubble")
- All touch surfaces are disinfected daily
- Air-conditioning filters are sprayed with disinfectant regularly
- Masks and Hand Sanitizer available in every vehicle
- Each vehicle has a unique QR code for track and tracing if required
- All staff are fully vaccinated against Covid
- Any staff displaying any symptoms remain at home until they are clear of symptoms and have a negative Rapid Antigen Test
Please Note: This tour requires a minimum of 2 persons to operate. If the minimum number of persons is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives.
After pick-up from your Auckland city accommodation, you travel up Queen Street, through Auckland's central business district, past Auckland University before a photo stop in the inner city park, known as The Domain. Then continue on through the picturesque suburb of Ponsonby, known for its historic buildings, before heading over the Harbour Bridge to the North Shore.
Stroll on Narrow Neck Beach in historic Devonport before continuing up to the summit of Mt. Victoria where there are stunning panoramic views of Auckland and the Waitemata Harbour. Next travel back over the Harbour Bridge to Westhaven Marina, one of the largest marinas in the Southern Hemisphere.
In the afternoon, leave behind the bustle of Auckland and head northwest to taste the flavors of Kumeu Wine Country, Auckland's Heritage Wine Region. Marvel at the rugged surf-fringed coastline nearby.
Your first stop is at Soljans Vineyard. Soljans has won many awards for their wines and they are also widely acknowledged in New Zealand as being an expert producer of methode traditionelle (bottle-fermented) sparkling wines. Enjoy lunch and a wine tasting at Soljans Winery restaurant. The winery is built with sunshine in mind and serves Mediterranean-style food with a New Zealand twist, showcasing fresh seasonal produce from around the region.
Next to tempt your taste buds is Coopers Creek - a vineyard which offers outstanding wines from New Zealand's best regions. Coopers Creek produce a wide variety of wines and is adventurous in its choice of grapes and blends.
Next, visit one of the region's special places where (from August to April) you have the chance to see one of the world’s largest seabirds in its natural environment. Your journey takes you to one of the few mainland gannet nesting sites in the world situated on the cliff-tops overlooking the Tasman Sea. Here you get a close-up of gannet behavior without disturbing their environment. The views extend for miles along the wild, black sand beach of Muriwai.
Your final tasting is at West Brook Winery. The West Brook cellar door looks across an idyllic duck pond and terraced picnic area to row after row of vines. The wines reflect true varietal character and their unique regional origins. Without exception they are premium quality and have won numerous awards.
- Auckland city tour
- Vineyard lunch with a glass of wine
- Wine tastings at 3 vineyards
- Muriwai Beach
- Viewing of gannet colony (Aug-Apr)
- Knowledgable English-speaking driver / guide
- Pick up and drop off at inner city accommodation
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to bring? -- Comfortable walking shoes and suitable outdoor clothing.
What if it rains? -- The tour is wonderful in any weather conditions. Raincoats will be provided if necessary.
- The minimum age to drink alcoholic beverages in New Zealand is 18 and government-issued photo IDs are required.
- Wineries included may change depending on day of week.
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Minimum age is 2. Tour includes Auckland inner city pick up. Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.